CLICK HERE to download the file and listen directly.
MoTR 311 is 66:30 minutes long and is a 58.5 MB file in MP3 format.
HOSTS: Matthew Miller (Seattle) and Kevin C. Tofel (Philadelphia)
- Nokia’s Lumia 520 may be the best selling WP; New 525 doubles RAM. Kevin may buy a 520 for $50.
- Matt scores one for the Chromebook crowd in the recent debate!
- Acer C720P touchscreen Haswell-powered Chromebook announced. Still looking for the mid-tier device.
- Wireless charging with the iPhone no longer requires a bulky case: Hello iQi!
- What’s with the Apple patent to refocus images after taking them? (Uh, Nokia and Lytro: are you watching?)
- Nokia offers a free keyboard with the Lumia 2520: good deal!
- Google Wallet cards are here. Will you use one?
- Republic Wireless Moto X: Matt’s new alternate carrier and device
CONTACT US: E-mail us or leave us a voicemail on our SkypeLine!
SUBSCRIBE: Use this RSS feed with your favorite podcatcher or click this link to add us to iTunes
MobileTechRoundup 311: Matt’s iPad replacement is…..
One thought on “MobileTechRoundup 311: Matt’s iPad replacement is…..”
Y’all do a great show. I really enjoy listening to you and rely on you for advice on how to my mobile life more productive and enjoyable.
Because, like Matt, I travel a lot for work, mobile is really important. But, unlike Matt, I travel a ton to different countries. I hit 15 or 20 countries each year as do many senior executives. Consequently, it would really helpful if you would occasionally mention the geographic flexibility of devices.
To take one example, Nokia is making a version of the 1520 for Australia (where I spend most of my time) that utilizes the LTE bands in wide use there. But that device does not work on any of the LTE bands in use in the US. And, of course, the US versions do not work on the LTE bands in use in Australia. As a result, that mobile device is not all that mobile!!!